These are the best homemade pancakes ever. Yup. I said it.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s so delicious and light, with the perfect amount of sweetness. It’s super easy to make, but you need to know a few key points before you can make the best pancakes (EVER):
- All you ingredients need to be room temperature (even the buttermilk and egg). I find that a cold batter does not do well with a hot cast iron skillet.
- You need fresh baking soda and baking powder, or else it won’t rise well or taste good.
- Don’t overmix your batter (medium lumps) – use a fork.
- Let your batter rest 5 minutes after mixing.
- Use a cast iron skillet if you can!
Here’s the recipe for them, and ENJOY!