Oh man, diet starts tomorrow.
I made this absolutely delish skillet chocolate chip cookie, which my mom and I ate wayyy too much of (and slightly regret). What I totally dig about this is that it comes out super hot from the oven, and you eat it straight from the skillet… WITH ICE CREAM! Yep, my diet went downhill after that first gooey bite, melted chocolate and caramel goodness (I used a lot of brown sugar).
This pizookie copycat recipe was pretty good and so simple to make! All that’s missing is a bit of chocolate drizzle on top… Man! I gotta stop now.
Adapted from What’s Gabby Cooking
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and transfer into a mixing bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients and mix until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Spray a medium sized skillet with baking spray. Transfer the batter into the skillet and spread it evenly. Bake for 22-24 minutes until just still slightly gooey in the middle and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before topping with scoops of ice cream and serving. It’s 100% meant to be eaten right out of the skillet.
Sinks Full of Dishes said:
Drool this looks so yummy! Thank you for posting it. I can’t wait to try it. I love one pan cooking, especially if I can eat straight from the pan. I imagine there won’t be any leftovers if I make this 😉